Sunday, February 24, 2013

My Oscar Predictions 2013

In a few hours, the winners of the 85th Academy Awards will be announced. I am no movie critic, but here are my predictions. I haven't watched all nominated films, so basically this is just a limited and personal forecast. This is just for fun, but then again, I could be the next Oscar forecaster, haha.

Note: I've only seen 6 of the 9 Best Picture nominees namely Argo, Django Unchained, Les Miserables, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook. I haven't seen Amour, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Zero Dark Thirty. In addition, I have seen other nominated films such as Skyfall, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Avengers.

BEST PICTURE
Argo

BEST DIRECTOR
Ang Lee (Life of Pi)

BEST ACTOR
Hugh Jackman (Les Miserables) or Daniel Day-Lewis (Lincoln)

BEST ACTRESS
Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Robert de Niro (Silver Linings Playbook) or Alan Arkin (Argo)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Anne Hathaway (Les Miserables) or Jacki Weaver (Silver Linings Playbook)

BEST WRITING - ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Life of Pi

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
Argo

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
Skyfall

BEST SOUND EDITING
Django Unchained

BEST SOUND MIXING
Lincoln

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
Lincoln

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Life of Pi

BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING
Les Miserables

BEST COSTUME DESIGN
Les Miserables

BEST FILM EDITING
Argo

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

0 comments:

Post a Comment