Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the e-mail

This is the good news (well, for me at least)...

I told my boss about the news and I didn't expect she would post it on our ANC yahoogroups:

"One of our young writers, Jekki Pascual, has been awarded a three-month Mandarin language scholarship in Taiwan by the Taiwan government.
Congratulations, Jekki! We expect you to be able to translate every Chinese news item for us once you get back:) "

-Glenda Gloria, ANC COO

Yup, that is the good news! I will be in Taipei this spring (March-May) through a Taiwan government grant. The program was awarded to three Filipino journalists: me from ANC, Alvin Sejera from IBC-13 and Maan Macapagal from ABS-CBN.

I will surely miss my family and friends for 3 months! And surprisingly, I think I will miss my work. I'm scared I might not be able to write news reports well when I come back... hehehe

Can't wait to be a student again!! (especially in a foreign land)!!
:-)

8 comments:

  1. jekki....... congrats!!!
    i'll visit you there hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. dors, thanks!
    pls visit me there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i envy you! haha you'll speak better chinese than I do na. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. ros,
    actually a person who also took the course said I will just learn basic lang daw, kasi 3 months is so short for mandarin... that's what she said. So baka mas magaling ka pa rin. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. jekki! ang galing-galing!!! i'm so happy for you.

    pasalubong ko ha, ;)
    -ka

    ReplyDelete