Monday, February 25, 2013

My Oscar predictions & the winners

In my previous post, I wrote about my predictions for the Oscars. I scored 10 out of 17. Not bad for someone who doesn't watch movies as often as I would want to. Texts in bold are the winners, while those italicized are the winners I failed to predict.

Maybe I should make this a yearly post.

BEST PICTURE
Argo

BEST DIRECTOR
Ang Lee (Life of Pi)

BEST ACTOR
Hugh Jackman (Les Miserables) or Daniel Day-Lewis (Lincoln)

BEST ACTRESS
Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Robert de Niro (Silver Linings Playbook) or Alan Arkin (Argo) [Christoph Waltz (Django Unchained)]

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Anne Hathaway (Les Miserables) or Jacki Weaver (Silver Linings Playbook)

BEST WRITING - ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Life of Pi [Argo]

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
Argo [Life of Pi]

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
Skyfall

BEST SOUND EDITING
Django Unchained [Skyfall & Zero Dark Thirty]

BEST SOUND MIXING
Lincoln [Les Miserables]

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
Lincoln

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Life of Pi

BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING
Les Miserables

BEST COSTUME DESIGN
Les Miserables [Anna Karenina]

BEST FILM EDITING
Argo

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey [Life of Pi]

1 comment:

  1. Today, I went to the beach front with my children. I found a
    sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.

    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!


    Here is my web blog; sat receiver

    ReplyDelete