Sunday, March 18, 2007

no way but up

Monday, I went hiking!!!! I joined the Loyola Mountaineers' Senior's Climb at Mt. Anawangin in Zambales. We met at 711 at around 4am, rode a jeep to Victory Liner Station in Caloocan and head to San Antonio, Zambales. I never really know the people with me. Aside from my blockmate Ail and Gino and Kayelle, everyone was unknown to me. It was such a very tiring climb!!! Grabe there were moments na I want to give up na kasi sobrang sakit na ng legs ko. Siguro if climbing lang, kaya pa, pero hindi, may dala dala pa kaming mabigat na bag... trekking under the heat of the sun! And nasa group 1 pa ako we were the first to climb, so if mag stop ako, lahat mag stop din... Siguro for them ok lang but for me na walang ka experience with climbing, sobrang tiring. Although it was very fulfilling when we reached the summit. Maiisip mo talaga na "nakaya ko yun?" And I did!!!! The climb down was faster but quite dangerous. May mga times na madudulas ka talaga.
Also, there were no trails for almost the entire hike, kasi it's a mountain na rarely lang na climb ng ibang mountaineers. And guess what... I was wearing normal slippers for 70% of the time!!!! Nasira kasi shoes ko even before reaching half of the mountain...
One reward was the beach talaga!!! We climbed down on the other side of the mountain and pitched our tents on the white sand beach. It was paradise!!! It is a virgin beach, kami lang tao dun. We cooked our own food and may konting inuman din. The next day was beach day. Super sarap mag swim. Tagal ko na rin hindi nag swim sa beach eh! Around 5pm, we rode a small boat towards civiization and rode a bus to Olongapo. And off we go to Manila.
It was such a great experience. Hindi talaga ako nag reregret! Matagal ko na rin kasi gusto mag try mag hiking! Ang daming first times na nangyari... First time ko mag climb, mag camp, carry hiking bag and stuff, swim sa beach in a long time, mag rock climbing without ropes, carry 4.5 L of water all the way up, take a public bus with friends, and a lot lot more! Thanks to the people of LM and my co-climbers! It was so much fun! Thanks also to my group: Jacky Gino, Kayelle and Kri.
Now a lot of people are saying ang nice ng tan ko!!!! hehehe

0 comments:

Post a Comment