Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Six Months

Today marks my 6th month anniversary of working for the Philippines' largest network (hehehe)... specifically at the Philippines' only 24/7 news channel. I started September 5, 2007 and from then, so many things happened already. In fact, my line of work 6 months back is different from what I am doing now. Time surely flies fast.

I started as a PA/Runner. I did a lot of things from delivering scripts to monitoring interviews. Now I am a PA/Writer. I write international news for the 2pm, 4pm and 5pm news programs. I also write sports news for the 7pm news programs. And on Saturdays I write both foreign and sports news. Not to mention, sometimes I do write feature stories and at rare times, they let me write the national news. Of course, I still do monitor interviews and senate hearings.

In my 6 months of stay, big news never seem to fade. I experienced huge news such as Erap's pardon, the Glorietta 2 blast, the Batasan bombing, the Manila Pen stand-off, the Sumilao march, the Palace payoff scandal, the ousting of JDV, the ratings war, the rise of the Peso and of course the NBN-ZTE Controversy. Add to that the many rallies and typhoons that plagued the country.

Working for a news organization is such a colorful job, yet at times boring too. It's nice that I get to contribute something to society, whether it be helpful or maybe not. I also feel honored to be part of ABS-CBN. Although the network has a lot of share of controversies, working here is a fulfilling job since I know more people worldwide can be touch by what I do.

6 months is gone and I look forward to another. I have huge ambitions for the next 6 months. I hope I can achieve it. As of now, I can say I will work for media. I have found my niche already. I may not be so completely happy now, but I think this is the industry where I should be. I have found my home... in my first job.

4 comments:

  1. awee. i hope to say that "i'm at home" soon.. I hope we all get to say that and really mean it. I hope we all get to find a job we are really passionate about and would give meaning to our lives (and not just cash hehe).

    I hope. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ros, you have many diferrent "homes" in the past 10 months... i'm sure finally you will see that true home for you, where you can be happy despite some difficulties along the way.

    I'm sure you will...

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations jekki! happy monthsary to yoU!

    ReplyDelete