Thursday, August 14, 2014

Unboxing: LG G3

I recently got a new phone. I actually extended my contract with Globe Telecom for another 2 years. My plan was still the old MySuperSurf plan wherein I still get to have unli internet (it drops to 2G signal upon reaching the 3GB limit). I chose the newest smartphone in the planet, the LG G3. It actually was offered by Globe just a few weeks ago. I have been using it for about a week now and so far, I have no regrets.

I considered getting the Samsung S5. But since I was using the Samsung S3, I decided to try another brand. The only thing better with the S5 is that it was water and dust proof and the camera has bigger megapixels. But the G3 definitely also has tons of great features, in particular the large screen that looks better than HD. And because it's LG, I got a free 50GB cloud storage space on Box for life. When I bought the S3 2 years ago, I also got a 50GB cloud storage space on Dropbox, but it was only good for 2 years.

I won't tell all features of the LG G3, because you can easily check them out in various websites. But what I can say is that with the large "super HD" screen, I enjoy watching movies and reading books on the phone. Plus it's not too big for it to be a bit awkward when talking on the phone.

For new or old subscribers, Globe is offering the phone for free at Plan 1799 with 30 months locked-in period. For 24 months and below, there's a corresponding cash out. By the way, the Plan 1799 includes 5GB LTE internet, 55 minutes call to all networks and 1,100 text messages. Plus 6 months Spotify Premium membership and Gadget Care for a month.

And if you want to just buy the phone alone, many sites such as Kimstore offer it for about P26-28k. And I think LG and other mobile phone stores offer it for more than 30K, but with installment options.

Here are some photos of the unboxing:








0 comments:

Post a Comment