Thursday, September 11, 2014

Back and forth to the doctor

I underwent a minor operation last August 27, 2014 at The Medical City in Ortigas. There was an abscess and the doctor had to drain it out via surgery. It was an out-patient procedure, and one that I have already underwent in the past. But this time, the doctor was surprised that the cavity was very big. Meaning, he had to drain a lot of puss (and it was a bit painful). Two weeks later, fluids are still coming out from the surgical wound, which has not been closed yet. There is still a gauze or cloth inside the cavity so that the bacteria would come out. I was also just instructed to take another round of antibiotics.

It has been a stressful 2 weeks. For one, my movements were limited since I can't move my left arm fully. I also had to sleep on my back, which I am not used to. And I had to go to the doctor every other day for follow up and for cleaning the wound. I had to commute (MRT/taxi/bus) and that entails additional expenses. I also had to change my sleeping pattern again, because of the weird schedule- graveyard work shift, doctor, on/off sleep, other things to do.

I haven't had a full bath in 2 weeks!

I know this will be over soon. I just have to finish this new set of antibiotics and I hope the bacterial fluid will be all gone in a few days. Get well soon to myself. ;-)
Right after surgery (parang wala lang)



2 comments:

  1. Good thing early mo na pa check up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I have been feeling the pain for 2 weeks na before ako nagpa doctor. haha. So lesson learned. Pa check up agad.

      Delete