Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Never too late

This is my first post for 2016. It's been more than 4 months since I last posted an entry and I never thought I'll be able to post anything soon. I have been in the newsroom for 2 days already because of a lack of crew. In a way, that gave me time to do things I don't normally do, like opening this blog.

--break--

Ok, so I just taped a news advisory for 8:30pm. Lexi, who was supposed to do it, wasn't feeling well. They asked me to take over, got my coat at Ms. Nadia's office, but with no makeup, I anchored the news advisory.

This is my life. I rely mostly on sudden opportunities. I may not anchor regularly, but incidents like this are a welcome change in my daily routine. Sudden opportunities spice up my career, whether those opportunities are anchoring or reportorial in nature. But like anything, you just have to be prepared.

Opportunities come, but if you are not prepared, then you lose the chance at something that may not happen again. Luck plays a big role, but excellence will what sustain it. Be good in what you do everyday, so when those sudden incidents happen, you are more than ready to do it. It might just lead you to bigger and more permanent opportunities.

I'll just end this entry with my photo. Haha Just to remind myself of what I do now and what I'll do probably forever. This photo was my last coverage so far. Taken Feb. 19, 2016 at St. Mary's College in QC for the Pinoy Media Congress.





0 comments:

Post a Comment