Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Review: Abu Dhabi International Airport

I was in Abu Dhabi a few weeks ago via Philippine Airlines. This is a mini review from the point of view of an ordinary tourist.

PAL uses Terminal 1, the old terminal of Abu Dhabi. It's actually just small. Well, I didn't really roam around, but it's definitely not the usual massive airport like the ones in Dubai, Hong Kong or Singapore. In terms of size, it could be compared to Manila's Ninoy Aquino International Airport terminal 1.

But despite the small size, it's not crowded. There were many vacant seats when I was there and many shops and restaurants were also operational. Arriving and departing passengers share the same area, similar to the one in Singapore. And there were many Filipino staff. I bought something at Mcdonald's and the Duty Free shop and I was speaking in Filipino.

The Abu Dhabi International Airport also has money exchange booths, pharmacy and a spa. And the airport is expanding. Construction of a bigger terminal was ongoing when we landed. And if you need transportation going to the city proper, there are taxis and buses right outside the arrival hall. Like in other cities, airport taxis are more expensive. I took the A1 bus while I was there. It only costs AED4, compared to the taxi which I heard costs AED75 to our hotel.



Control tower of ADIA



Check-in lobby



Departure area/ Arrival area as well

 
Shops: both in the first and second floors

0 comments:

Post a Comment