Friday, July 11, 2008

disability

Though life right now may not be perfect, I think many good things have been happenning to me this past days. I don't want to focus on the not-great things, I just might get depressed... I'll stick more to the wonderful things... for the sake of my sanity.

Well, July 10 Thursday, I had my very first coverage. I had been planning on my story for the past weeks, yet even at the last minute I don't have any clue what topic to focus on. The general theme is PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, since the country will be celebrating the 30th National Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Week next week.

I set an interview with an official of the National Council on Disability Affairs (NCDA) for 10 am Thursday. I asked our Coordinator Mailah to reserve a crewcab for the coverage. On the day of the interview, there were glitches and misunderstandings, resulting to me meeting my crew at 10am sharp. In short, I'm was so late for my first coverage.

But nevertheless, the entire interview went well. We arrive at NCDA office by 10:30am. It's a good thing, the person I was to interview was still talking to some visitors. That day, I interviewed Mateo Lee, a visually-impaired Deputy Executive Director and Rolly Fernandez, a person with polio and cancer of the bones. I learned a lot that day.

Thanks to my cameraman and driver, who by the way were the crew of reporter Maricar Bautista, but since absent siya, the crew was assigned to me for the day. First time ko inside the ABS-CBN car, hehehe.

My story will be aired next week, not sure when and what shows on ANC.. I'll be in Bacolod by then, watching it with my family. Sayang lang talaga I didn't do what we call a stand-upper or me reporting a short sentence in front of the camera. Next time, promise!

4 comments:

  1. haii hndi na naman kita mapapanood. haha i have so much to read. anyway, im so proud of you jek!!! you're on your way!! at alam ko masaya ka sa gnagawa mo :) go lang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pag nalaman mo kung kailan ishoshow pasabi! Go Jek! Congrats!!! wala kasing ANC sa destiny so makikinood ako sa iba. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo nga, mag-text broadcast ka naman.. promise, naghihintay kami lahat.. haha! we're proud of you jek, you never fail to surprise us, naks.. model of happiness ka talaga ever since, hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ros, ger, chie

    Thank you. Hayaan niyo sa future I will spread to all if pwede niyo na ako makita... hahaha

    I hope you all are also doing well and I pray for your happiness.

    Kitakits soon!!

    ReplyDelete