Tuesday, June 14, 2016

CX vs SQ

I had the opportunity to travel from Manila to Hong Kong and Singapore just days apart. I took two of the world's best airlines- Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines. And of course, they did not disappoint. This post is sort of a review. Just a disclaimer: this post is just about my personal experience on those specific flights and do not reflect the entire airline. I traveled economy, by the way.

Aircraft
Both CX and SQ flew Boeing 777 on the Manila route. But CX felt newer, or at least the interiors felt upgraded and more modern. Just a day before my flight, CX made the inuagural A350 flight to Manila. That would have been cool to ride on a new plane.
Winner: CX

Food
SQ gave full meal with dessert and a choice of wine, juice, coffee, etc. CX only gave snacks. Probably because the Manila-Hong Kong flight was shorter than the Singapore flight.
Winner: SQ

Entertainment
This one CX is the clear winner because of its new TV system. It has bigger screen and it's a touchscreen. The SQ screen was small and it was a bit old, with the remote control still on the sides of the seat. Selection on the CX entertainment system was also newer and there were more content. But for earphones, I like SQ, because it's smaller.
Winner: CX

Service
Both crew were awesome and friendly. But for this round, I give my score to SQ, because they were more helpful.
Winner: SQ

Others
I can charge my phone on CX  even on economy. But SQ gave hot towel before the flight to freshen passengers up. There were also pillows and blankets already on the seats on SQ.

Both airlines are real winners.

SQ
CX


4 comments: