Friday, December 5, 2014

Applying for SSS ID

I have been working for a few years already, but I didn't have an SSS ID. So last October 9, I applied for an SSS ID for the first time. I thought it would be a long and difficult process, but it was not.

Why do we need an SSS ID? So that we can transact with SSS easily (loans etc.) And since it is already a Unified Multi-Purpose Identification card (UMID), we can also use it to transact with PhilHealth, Pag-IBIG and GSIS. And since it is a government ID, we can use it to apply for visa, bank accounts, identification in schools, airports, companies, etc.

I went to the Government Center in Ali Mall in Cubao. There are several government agencies there such as SSS, PhilHealth, GSIS, Pag-IBIG, PhilPost, DFA and many more. I went to the SSS area and asked for an application form for the ID. I filled it out and went to next step. A person will then input your information into a computer and see if you have an account with SSS. He/she will check if you are paying your dues regularly. Obviously, you should already have an SSS number and has already paid at least a month, I think.

After, you will be asked to sit down and wait for the next step. After a few minutes, a person called my name and it was my time for picture taking and signature/thumb mark documentation. The person then told me my ID will be delivered straight to my home in 3 months.

SSS (right side)
And that's it. In total, I think I just spent about 30 minutes in the area. Of course that will vary from time to time, depending on the number of applicants. For first time applicants, the card is absolutely FREE. Even the delivery is free.

I was shocked that it will take 3 months to deliver. But I didn't think of it anymore, since I won't be needing the card in the near future anyway. I was expecting my card to be delivered to me on January 9, 2015 (3 months after I applied).

But on December 4, 2014, I received my card via mail. One month earlier, impressive. In fact, the letter was dated November 5. So basically I already have an ID by November 5, but the delivery took about a month.

Neverthless, I'm happy I got my SSS ID earlier and I can now use it.

my SSS ID

4 comments:

  1. hi just want to ask po til what time ang sss sa alimall? thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. ask lang po yr 2015 pa po ako nag process ng ID ko till now dikopaa nakukuha, no need na po ba mag set appointment para po pumunta sa SSS ali mall para kunin sana nag ID ko? lumuwas po kc ako ng probinsya then ngayon palang ako ulit nakabalik ng manila

    ReplyDelete
  3. AicmagQinde-1994 Jill Smith Here
    limengunscor

    ReplyDelete