Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Around the World

I recently visited a Travel Expo at the SMX Convention Center. My desire to travel around the world ignited once again. I have always wanted to see several countries- from the usual tourist cities such as Paris, Tokyo to the not-so frequently visited countries such as Kenya and Peru. I thirst for adventure and new learnings. I have always been very interested with geography. As a child, I would memorize capital cities and flags of countries. And if only I have the money to spare, then I would be willing to travel the world my whole life.

For now, these are the top places I want to go to:

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil- Who wouldn't want to go there? It's a party paradise and has a laid-back atmosphere too. It has great beaches, and really good-looking citizens. Another reason is because this country is exotic and very far from the Philippines (with a $2,000 ticket however). Not to mention that it will soon host the FIFA World Cup and the Olympics!
-No visa required for Filipinos-



Istanbul, Turkey- One of the oldest cities in the world. This city offers historical sites that makes history-buff people like me a reason to smile. At the same time it is also very modern and is literally the bridge between Europe and Asia.




 
Casablanca, Morocco- There is something about Morocco that makes me want to go there. Is it the spices? the desert? I'm not really sure. I just want to tour its markets and see weird and exciting products. By the way, I haven't seen the movie yet.

Sint Maarten is in the Caribbean but is a Netherlands territory. It's a beach paradise with parties to boot. But one major reason I like this island is because its airport is so close to the shore. Large aircrafts just fly a few meters above people on the beach. I've always wanted to take a photo of  A Boeing 747 landing there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment