Saturday, February 23, 2008

randomness

Just some random thoughts of the week:
- i want to study abroad. i have been searching for websites about it, but i don't know yet where and what course. As of now, I'm not yet itching to go, but I really want to in the future. I'm planning to take a media-related course in a prestigious university in the US or Europe... hehehe. And also I'm looking for a scholarship, but I don't know how.

- the past weeks was also an ebay week for me... haha. I know there is such as ebay before, but I never had the reason to check it out coz i never had the intention of buying anything. But now, I was surprised things are cheap as compared to buying them in malls... although most of the things I saw are from abroad. I want to buy a new phone, gadgets, etc... hahaha

- this week, our new COO (Chief Operating Officer or in short our boss) arrived. Ms. Glenda Gloria is the new boss of ANC. She replaced Ms. Judith Torres who resigned last month. Ms. Glenda was the Managing Editor of Newsbreak Magazine and a trusted journalist in the country. She once gave a speech in our Investigative Journalism class during college and I never thought she would be my future boss. I hope there would be great changes for ANC, cos I know the network has all the potential to be one.

- The week has been a "rally week". Schools were active in protesting against the administration and supporting Jun Lozada. Seen in the UAAP as bitter rivals, Ateneo and La Salle united and led the country in support for the ZTE-NBN star witness with a mass, noise barrage and other forms of protest. UP, UST, UE and other schools also held street protests, forums and prayer vigils for truth to come out. It's nice to see the academe and the youth are taking part in an issue of national interest. I hope this doesn't stop in this issue alone.

just some of my thoughts this week. there were more, some not needed to be written down... :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment