Sunday, April 1, 2007

happy ending, hopeful beginning

I told myself na hindi ako magblog about grad... but I can't help it. I finally graduated! After 4 great years in Manila and specifically in the Ateneo, I am officially a graduate and a job seeker! Truly, my 4 years in the Ateneo is one of the best years of my life thus far. Ang daming nagbago sa akin and sa buong pagkatao ko. Unang una, mas nakilala ko talaga sarili ko. I mean, I lived independently all these years- I live alone, pay the bills, look for food, decide in everything I do- I am the boss of myself here in Manila- kasi nga wala naman nagbabantay sa akin na parents or guardian man lang. These 4 years were relly life changing. Thanks to all my friends, teachers and a lot of other people. Thanks to A1, bluereppers, acomm peeps and atscans. I can't believe it's all over. Everytime I think about it, I feel senti. Katipunan has been my home all these years. It is actually my home, more than Bacolod pa kasi almost all my clothes and stuff are in Katipunan and not in Bacolod. I will surely surely miss Katipunan and Ateneo. I even said to myself na hindi ko na masyado kilala ang Jekki noong highschool, kasi maraming nagbago sa akin throughout college life. I don't mean that alam ko na completely about myself kasi I know there will always be a room for changes, growth and development within myself.

Grad day was great. It was actually very organized. It started 4pm on the dot. The speeches were also good. It was not very short and not very long either. The valedictory and graduation speakers spoke well and had good speeches. Leloy talked about Ateneo and nation building (together with his praises for Luis Abad, ADS, ACOMM etc). Ms. Abrera talked about failure- or the "problem with success". The entire ceremony went smoothly. And it was not that hot as I expected (it still was pero hindi naman sobra). Nagulat ako ang dami pala naming Com students- I haven't even seen the other Com people. Nakaka proud lang kasi ang daming may awards sa Com (although I am not one of them..hehe). Funny pa ni Fr. Ben. He was thanking the parents and us for studying in Ateneo and for giving him blue roses during the blue roast (where he drank beer on stage in front of the entire seniors with the Gesu as background... go Fr. Ben!!).
Congrats to Batch 2007!!!! I'm sure my upcomming blogs will still have something to do about being senti--- can't help it eh... hehehe. Also, I'm scared, but also hopeful for my career and life in the future!

I don't think I would be saying this pero I think I will miss school.

1 comment: