Friday, December 6, 2013

Clark Airport: Huge Potential

The Clark International Airport, formerly known as the Diosdado Macapagal International Aiport, has been called the Philippines' next gateway. Some sectors are pushing for Clark to replace Manila's Ninoy Aquino International Airport, but Clark's long distance from Metro Manila has been a barrier. Clark Airport has been operating for many years already, but I only flew via this airport just a few weeks ago. And I must say, it has a huge potential to be a great aviation hub.

At first glance, you'll notice it's just a small airport. But you'll also see it is rapidly expanding with all the construction going on. There is already a new and bigger check-in area (initially for Qatar Airways & Emirates). Hopefully they relocate all other airlines to this bigger check-in area. The departure hall on the second floor also looks nice. I haven't been to the one on the first floor, but the one on the second floor offers a view of the runway. It also has shops and a VIP lounge, which costs P800 (with wifi & buffet snacks). I used the VIP lounge since I badly needed wifi while waiting for my flight. My flight, by the way, was to Hong Kong via Dragonair. I haven't been to the domestic area.

One thing that struck me most is the staff. Everyone was accommodating and well-trained. There are staff in almost all areas of the terminal ready to assist. There were staff assisting in the check-in area and also at the departure area. When I arrived there was also somebody helping in the immigration area. I haven't encountered such "helping" staff in other local airports.

Clark Airport really has a huge potential. As I said, there were many parts of the terminal that were under construction or renovation, but everything looks clean and in order. I just hope they expand it further as more flights are coming in and out.

_________
Bus (Metro Manila to Clark Airport and vise versa)
From Trinoma P200
From Megamall/ Pasay P400+
*** call the airport, Trinoma Airport Lounge or Philtranco for the schedule
New check-in area (for Qatar Airways, Emirates initially)
Old check-in area

VIP Lounge : P800
Qatar Airways plane just landed


0 comments:

Post a Comment