Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gold's vs Fitness

Gold's Gym Centris opened last October 1, 2012. It's been two months since then, but so far I have only visited the gym around 2 or 3 times. Yes, I know I was complaining in my previous post that it took them months before they opened, but I guess I got used not going to the gym that I ended up actually not going to the gym even if it was already opened. Anyway, I was, still am, disappointed with Gold's Gym Centris.

I was a member of Fitness First ABS-CBN for about 3 years, and the new branch of Gold's Gym pales in comparison with my former gym. I am disappointed Gold's Gym Centris is so small. Although it has 2 floors, it looks and feels small. There were only about 5-6 treadmills, compared to over a dozen at Fitness First. The free weights area is way way smaller than the one in Fitness First. The new gym was just too cramped. I went to the gym around 2pm, I felt it was already a bit crowded, what more during peak hours. Although I think they have a relatively good space for the workout classes, but I haven't tried it yet.

But the worst part is the locker room/restroom area. It looks like the one you see in high school. Metal lockers and white tiles. And it was very small. My old gym's locker room was way bigger and looks more 'sosyal'. The new gym doesn't even have hot water!! Although the staff said they will have soon (but when? it's been 2 months).

I haven't been to other Gold's Gym branches in the Philippines, but the one in Centris in Quezon City is a big disappointment. Of course, I can't transfer to another gym since I have a contract up to 2014 (and I already paid in full).

Ok, to be fair, it's not that bad. But I guess I was just expecting more. Fitness First ABS-CBN was my home for 3 years and it was big, has the right amenities, plus it also has free drinks (coffee, softdrinks). This new gym only has 2 water dispensers in total and no free drinks.

But since I'm stuck with my new gym for over a year, then I guess I have to live with this reality. I just hope, at the very least, they have good trainers and staff. I still have over a year to learn to love this gym.

3 comments:

  1. For the enhancements of the businesses which need local methods of website linking services.
    Nowadays, demand of agencies that provide reliable Methods Of
    Website Linking services has tremendously increased.
    Indeed, these algorithm updates from Google have
    become sort of like tsunamis for webmasters, most of these mistakes are extremely easy to fix and can be
    completely fixed within minutes. Having cheap services methods of website linking firms have created
    it attainable for the insufficient guy to beat pricey
    advert endeavors.

    My weblog :: how to improve your search engine ranking on google

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always keep you up at night They stalk you They have had to contend with unpleasant
    emotions. Experts in the field of child psychology and have 30 years experience helping fathers to adopt the correct approach in fighting for custody of their children.
    Their in-laws often are ensnared in their own family. I kind of
    tell people, 'If you're going to be interacting
    with people in public, and what won't.

    Also visit my web site get your girl back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her research concluded that ign mass effect 2 do improve cognitive and perceptual skills.
    Determine What Video Game System to BuyNew ign mass effect 2 across multiple
    platforms get released on a near daily basis. Research has also identified benefits associated with creative and prosocial uses
    of ign mass effect 2 and computer games.


    My weblog :: mass effect firewalker

    ReplyDelete