Monday, September 4, 2006

shepherd

Sometimes I asked myself why I am where I am today and why am I what I am today. Looking back, I feel blessed for all the life I experienced. And now I am in Senior year, officer of 2 great orgs, taking a fun course and an interesting minor. . . And I thanked God for all of it.

And this year I am a cell leader in AtSCA. I am not the perfect person to fill that position. A lot of people know that the cell leader position was not really my priority choice. But because of some circumstances, I got the position with no sweat. It was as if the position was really for me. After the deliberations, that was the time I tried loving the position. Still, I know that I am not the best person for that. But God chose me for that position and that is the only thing that makes me do the best that I can. God knows my limitations. God knows what I cannot do.Yet God made me a cell leader, a position that is so special and so valuable. It is the position that directly interacts with the members on all matters of their life. God believes in me. A cell leader I become because of God.

God has his own reasons for everything. Even why I am a cell leader. Yes it is also a position where one can be depressed and frustrated easily. Members do not reply, members do not attend. Members just do not communicate back. But also, we must not force them. Each one has its own pace for growth. Perhaps hindi pa sila ganoon ka ready. Of course, we are here to help, but just can't coerce them. If they don't go to events or other activities, it is so frustrating, but I guess it is a choice, a decision that they made. And I do not believe it is entirely a cell leader's fault. All cells have the same problems with members.

Sometimes it takes time for a person to grow. There are a lot of inducted members that were not at all active in their first year of stay in AtSCA. But now, they are one of the inducted or even one of the EB.

How I wish I will see my members grow this year. But there are just a lot of them who needs more than being friendly to them. Praying for them will help.And I pray that they may experience the joy and the true meaning of being an Atscan and being a Christian more than I do.

Most things I wrote here is a result of our EB prayer kanina. There were just 5 of us, pero well represented naman ang 5 cells (including cell zero). Si Hannah came directly from the her field work sa mga Ifugaos. As in dala dala niya mga bags niya and all her stuff sa prayer, hindi pa siya umuwi sa dorm just to be in the prayer.And ang galing lang ng prayer kasi perfect ang theme for me. It was about shepherding your flock. And what better thing to share than all about being a cell leader- my thoughts, my hurts. Thanks to the profound minds of Hannah and Bro. Weyms.

All of us went home with a bag of goodies. Since Hannah just arrived from the "mountains", she gave us a lot of pasalubongs!!! And since konti lang kami sa prayer, pj, diang, caloy, bro. weyms and I had lots of take home stuff. Take note: hindi native delicacies ang dala ni Hannah, kungdi mga Cloud Nine, Big Bang and other candies. Pero sabi naman ni Hannah, bili niya pa daw yun doon, so ok na rin. Thanks hannah!

Share ko na rin that before prayer, PJ and I went to the area to distribute Nido Products. I texted my mems, pero hindi sila nag reply (oh well). So kami na lang ni PJ. Sobrang bigat ng boxes! Kaya naman na carry, pero kasi may kasama pang pa-akyat eh. Each of us carried 3 boxes, 3 each for b4 and b6. The manangs and kids were very happy naman. Thanks din pala kay ate Baby, sinamahan niya kami mag ikot sa b6 area to distribute the milk. May muscles na yata ako... hehehe.

After, PJ and I applied for our cedulas. I didn't really intend to get mine, pero well cge na lang. Sabi ni PJ, important daw yun. Ok na lang din kasi P21 lang naman. And yes it rained so hard kanina, buti na lang tapos na kami mag area. And thank God, its official, wala pang dengue sa area namin. Our area and nstp aksi were cancelled last saturday due to the dengue outbreak.

Ang haba na ng blog ko...
Thank you God for continuing blessing us.
Thank you oh Lord for the people in my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment