Saturday, June 15, 2013

Manila Ocean Park: More than just fish


I last visited the Manila Ocean Park more than 4 years ago. Then, there was just one attraction: the Oceanarium. I was amazed to see such place in the Philippines. But thought to myself, it's not somewhere you will regularly go too, since you have seen it all. But recently, I visited the park again with my sisters. Wow, there are now so many attractions!

I bought the Metro Deal promo 12-in-1 for only P750 (12 attractions). However I was surprised that when I got the tickets at the counter, it was the same as the 9-in-1 package. Later, I found out there are certain areas with more than one attraction (so parang 12 pa rin). In any case, the deal was worth it. There are also many other packages worth P550-900 (see photo).

Manila Ocean Park has come a long way since it started a few years ago. In fact, they don't only have marine species, but birds as well. They also have a lot of activities such as bottom glass boating, feeding of penguins and others.

It's a must to visit this world-class park in Manila. For those who don't know, it's behind the Quirino Grandstand, just walking distance from Manila Hotel, Museo Pambata and Rizal Park. You can take the LRT and go down at the UN Avenue LRT station and just walk for about 15-20 minutes. You won't get bored walking since you will pass by Rizal Park, which is in itself a tourist destination.


Here are some photos I've taken
Oceanarium.
NOTE: During weekends, this area is very crowded.
Sharks
Finding Nemo
Fish Spa
Jellyfish
                    
                                          Sea lion show
Bird Show: parrots
Birds of Prey Kingdom
Slide-O-Fun inside the Trails to Antarctica
Penguins!! (there are more of them inside)
Penguin Talkshow: the attraction I liked least
                                   
                                      Snow Village
                

:

0 comments:

Post a Comment