Friday, September 16, 2011

PAL's Fly Pinas Pass

Last month, I was enticed by a promo of Philippine Airlines. It's called the Fly Pinas Pass. For only P7K, you can fly all-you-can domestically for 7 weeks. Of course, there were other add on charges including taxes. I rarely take PAL because it is more expensive than Cebu Pacific or AirPhil Express. In fact, the last time I rode a PAL plane for a domestic route, aside from the July news coverage I had, was several years ago. So, I was tempted to purchase this promo package. And I did.

To avail the promo, you have to book all your flights one-time. You can't add more flights once you have booked all your chosen flights for 7 weeks. And every one-way trip, there is a corresponding tax. It's about P350-450 depending on the destination. So, for a round trip ticket Manila to Davao, for example, the tax costs about P900. It's basically still expensive than budget carriers, since the P900 is on top of the initial P7K. But of course, if you are really a jet setter and you fly weekly, then it's a good deal.

Anyhow, I booked my flights for September to October. I decided not to fly weekly, since I don't need to and I don't have money. I booked flights Manila to Davao, General Santos and Bacolod. I booked several flights to/from Bacolod, since it's my hometown.

I took my first PAL promo flight 2 weeks ago. I went to General Santos for the baptism of my godchild. I also visited my relatives there. The flight was ok. It was my first time to ride a wide-body aircraft on a domestic route. The meal served was crackers, peanuts and coffee.

Today, I'm going to Davao and next week to Bacolod. Excited for my trips, but my wallet is not.




2 comments:

  1. haha i soo need the vacation you're having right now jek. my exams are in 2 weeks. huhu i want to be a lawyer na =( -ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. ros, hahaha. you'll be a lawyer soon! konting tiis na lang. :-) then, you'll have grand vacations again.

    ReplyDelete