Friday, August 8, 2008

beijing 2008

I've been watching some parts of the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony, considered as the world's most expensive ever. The entire Games is estimated to be worth $40B, just barely a fifth of the Philippine budget. But anyhow, I didn't see our team during the parade of nations, I was on the move kasi. But I saw the first part. It was pretty impressive. The dance moves, the choreography, the fireworks. Wow. It seems China is telling the world that: hey we're a major power too!! Truly it is a historical event for them and their entry to global spotlight.

Although this Olympics has been marred by protests, criticism and pollution, both supporters and critics can definitely say the opening event was spectacular or at least it wasn't that bad generally. Although admittedly there were boring points, medyo bumaba ang energy level in the middle part. But still good anyway.

Wishful thinking: I just hope it will be in my lifetime that there would finally be the Manila Olympics.



*pictures from getty images

0 comments:

Post a Comment