Friday, August 10, 2007

why can't there be a perfect job?

i just came from 3 sets of interviews and 2 exams. And I got the job. Am i happy? Not quite. .

the position is Website Content Writer. Actually, I like the work. I will be writing articles for various websites about everything under the sun. Of course, it is not just simple writing. I have to do research and avoid plagiarism, etc. They say I will be assigned a topic that is different everyday. Like I can write about gambling on Monday, then write about Monacco on Tuesday and maybe write about horses on Wednesday, etc. So I get to write on all sorts of topics and learn from it everyday. Our clients are US-based companies. It is a cool job. But...

during my 3rd interview, we talked about salary. Oh no, the pay is very minimal. (as in minimum wage lang, may tax pa). She asked if the pay was ok, i just said yes... but actually I was shocked. I'm paying for my own rent and food and bills and other stuff, how can my salary pay for it all? I really don't know what to do. I'm ok with the work, but what about the pay? I really want to work already, and I can't be bum for another month. Sometimes I think sana nag call center na lang ako, I could have receieved a much higher pay.

I think I'll have to bite into this. (Imagine me turning down the offers of San Miguel and Fujitsu, their pay was a little better)

2 comments:

  1. jek, dont worry, i think everyone has that same question in mind... hehe... kaya mo yan....
    kaya natin ito pala hehehe
    -doryll

    ReplyDelete
  2. jek, alam mo, i know this online essay writing site that pays you to write articles (duh!)...and they pay like, at least $5 per essay...my friend said they could pay more than $20 pa if they like what you wrote! if you're masipag, you can earn at least 20k a month! jusko, baka naman you'd be better off with this, work at home ka pa!

    ReplyDelete