Wednesday, January 9, 2008

lucky day

Lucky? I don't know.

On the way to work this morning, I realized what date it is today. It's the 8th of January 2008. For the Chinese, 8 is a lucky number and today is the first 8 of 2008. I told myself this day must be lucky for many people. But then I remember saying to myself, I don't think it would be lucky to all, and especially to me. I just thought it would be a normal day at work.

I was wrong.

To make the story short: my boss in the afternoon shift told me that I will now be trained as writer officially and that I can start writing foreign news tomorrow. I couldn't believe what she just said to me. It was a big jump from being a "runner". I used to complain to myself that my work in the afternoon shift as a "runner" makes me feel under-employed. And all will be change tomorrow.

Then Aiza, my officemate, and I inquired at Fitness First coz we really want to enroll in the fitness program. It was quite expensive but I feel it will be worth it. We didn't enroll just yet, but we might soon. In a sense, the idea of going to the gym for real excites me.

Another good thing today was when Pres. Erap had a rare visit in ABS-CBN this afternoon. People were really anxious to see him. There were a lot of cameras. People in the newsroom are used to seeing Erap on TV, but it was different if you see him in person. I was quite surprised that the news writers, producers and everyone else were actually curious and very much eager to see the former president in person.I myself was also eager to see the most popular man in the country, after all he is not just a super sikat artista, but a Philippine president (who went to prison pa).

Of course, it was not the most perfect day. But I really felt happy because of all the things that happened today. Not to mention, my 2 sports articles were minimally edited (meaning, my work now has improved). And to think that I am actully en route to fulfilling some of my resolutions in my Big 8 List (see previous blog entry). What a cool way to start the year (even if nasa 2nd week na tayo... hehe)

Lucky? Maybe. But I feel it's more than luck.
It's a blessing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment